It is a difficult subject but I feel that it needs to be addressed and managed accordingly to the needs. There are so many people who put themselves down (including myself) for one reason or the other that I decided to give you my view on the subject. I am not a professional therapist and everything included in this post is based on my experience and my own ways of managing my self-esteem.
I have never been a very confident person and due to my very critical nature I am quite harsh about myself. I know what I am worth but that does not stop me questioning one or two things. I am not necessary referring to the physical beauty which is just a cover but my character and selfishness…
I am not ideal but I have manage to get friends with myself, get to know my strengths and weaknesses as well as not allowing others to put me down or influence the way I feel. I am not always successful but I thought it will be good to tell you about my ten steps that I try to stick to and incorporate in my everyday life:
- Be honest with yourself. There is no reason to lie to yourself, more truth is refreshing and overtime anything false will stand out.
- Nobody is perfect. Self acceptance is very needed.
- Imperfections are in human nature so it is no shame to admit the mistake and apologise or repair the damage.
- Learn from anything that has happened. It will come back in one way or the other.
- Be friends with yourself and treat your body and mind with well deserved respect.
- Try to surround yourself with the people who spark the joy within you, the ones you can trust and relay on.
- Be nicer than you have to be to all strangers and never allow the lack of manners to change your attitude.
- Be generous and learn to give more and enjoy it more.
- Know your value and never put yourself down.
- Look after yourself. Healthier body will bring healthier mind.
That is what I am following and what is important to me. I understand that everybody is different and some of this point will vary for different people.
Let me know what do you thing ? I would really appreciate your feedback and maybe there is something I have missed off that maybe useful ?
As usual thank you so much for stopping by !