I have to start with the confession that I have self-discipline build in me. From the very early years, I knew how to divide my time and when to play and when to learn and do my homework. During my university years when I was exposed to constant tests and exams that self-discipline became even more obvious. As a result, I may have occasional difficulty to switch off and just relax. I feel the more I have on my plate, the better I can perform but I also know that there is limit to what I should handle.
That is where the guilty pleasures are coming and saving my sanity and help me to relax. Having work-life balance is very important to me to be able to keep distance and enjoy my life. Everything listed below is very personal to me and as everybody is different your needs and necessities will vary.
Theses are mine (but keep it secret !):
- Eighties music (the cheesier the better) especially when I am driving on my own and when I can sing along…
- Shopping for holidays when I am not going on one… I will start the minute I come back home after a longer trip. It is difficult to explain but I love it !
- Binging on YouTube… My favourite channels will include Fleur DeForce, Tanya Burr or Chase Amie !
- Shopping in Space NK… It is a boutique beauty chain with the best selection of brands you can imagine. I love spending my money there but I am not sure if my husband can say the same…
- Anything to do with yoga ! I try to do yoga most days, especially in the morning to wake me up. I have been practising it for over 10 years and nothing works better for mind and body.
- Online shopping is something I love… Sometimes browsing is enough but every now and again I feel like I need to pull the trigger and treat myself !
- Coffee !! I love going out for a cup or two… I like my coffee strong with a touch of milk so coffee of choice would be flat white.
- Pancakes and waffles… I like mine with fruits and maple syrup all every day not only on Sundays !
I would love to hear about your guilty pleasures… Care enough share ?
Thank you very much for stopping by and I hope to see you back very soon !