I do not know about you but my days seem to merge with one another. I cannot tell where the time is going and looking at my pictures from two or three years ago, I am amazed it has been so long since taking them !
Today, I am showing you an outfit not particularly groundbreaking but comfortable and making me feel good. The only new element is this amazing Acne Studios jumper I managed to get on a bargain. It is so oversized and chunky I feel a little bit like a Michelin man but somehow I do not mind that…
Buying things that you love wearing and enjoying every single day is the key. Make them part of your daily style. Do not save anything for special occasion and on a contrary invest more in the items you going to wear on repeat. It is great to dress up for so-called ‘special occasions’ but what matters to me the most, is how I feel every single day.
That is what I wore this particular cold Sunday !
Jumper Acne Studios (unfortunately no longer on sale, same colour here)
Coat Zara (very old)
Boots Isabel Marant
Sunglasses Miu Miu
Thank you very much for stopping by !
Keep warm and have a good week…
I love quality products. Anything from beautifully designed pair of heels to handmade bag or clutch. As a result, when I started working professionally I got my first designer handbag and that is how my collection started. I used to buy more, constantly adding new styles and brands. Over time I became much more selective, not allowing my heart to rule over my brain… Buying process became much more structured and detailed.
I have a mixture of designers in my collection anything from Mulberry to Chanel. What all handbags have in common is the quality of the finish, their practicality as well as the resistance to constant wear. I have one or two bags in my possession that I had from the very beginning and they are as good as new !
With all my experience and mistakes that I have made I though it will be useful to write dos and don’ts post guiding you through the buying process and helping to make the right choice. Whatever you budget is, I hope everyone interested in the luxury market would be able to find something useful !
Starting with dos:
- Do some soul-searching… Before you starting investing in the luxury handbags think about what is important to you and what do you need the bag for ? There is no point in buying £700 Charlotte Olympia clutch (I love this one !) if you do not get out very much !
- You budget is key… Be realistic and whatever the top limit is, there are some options. Sometimes it may mean that you will need to wait a little bit longer for you dream bag but it will happen eventually if you work hard and truly want it.
- Buying expensive handbag is considered an investment and as with variety of investments it can be more or less profitable… There are brands which in general keep their value better the others. My top three to invest in would be French ones like Louis Vuitton, Chanel or Hermes.
- Seasonal bags or bright coloured ones are always less desired when it comes to resale market so going as classic as you can is probably the best choice. My criteria when buying a new bag would be: how well it would date and how much use would I get out of it.
- It is worth setting up an additional saving account and naming it after a bag you want to buy. Transfer the money regularly and even small contributions every month will add up eventually. Giving the account a name will help to keep you on track and motivate to keep saving.
- With all that written in mind, you need to love you purchase. It is very unlikely that you are going to make a fortune selling your possessions so be honest with yourself. Your handbag is a material thing that should spark the joy within you and it is there to serve a purpose.
And now don’ts:
- Never settled… Do not compromise on the bag that you do not want or need just because it is cheaper or more accessible. You will still end up wanting the one you had originally in mind.
- I would not recommend to buy of eBay or less reliable sources. If you want to buy second-hand (nothing wrong with that and you can pick a bargain from time to time) try websites with a team of experts that will verify the authenticity of your handbag. The ones I would recommend are Vestiaire Collective and HEWI London. The commission is high if you are selling with them, but you are guaranteed hassle-free process.
- Do not buy into trends that will last a season or two… Classic models constantly in production are the best way to go. One of the best examples of that would be Louis Vuitton bags like Speedy or Neverfull. Their prices got doubled in the last five years or so with very little change to the actual bag itself.
- Do not allow to get influenced by media, celebrities or YouTube channels. Listen to your heart, assess the needs and go for something that you truly want and need.
- And finally… Do not go beyond you means ! I did that quite some time ago when I bought the most expensive bag in my collection hoping that I will get a bonus at work… I did not and although I cannot regret that I bought the bag, I have learnt my lesson. Never spend the money you do not have !
And few of my favourite ‘investments’…
It will be controversial but it is probably my favourite ever bag by Bottega Veneta… light and understated, beautifully made and the colour is to die for !
I really hope you liked this post !
I am more than happy to answer any questions and help if you need my guidance on the subject…
Some outfits come together without any effort whereas others require some thought and planning. This one took me less than five minutes to put together yet I still felt very comfortable and current (Trends 2017). It is a very autumnal look maybe not adequate to the season we are in but I could not care.
My favourite Paige jeans and brogues that are the most practical pair of shoes You can imagine. Coat is my Zara favourite (previously feature in the Date night post) and the classic LV bag that I had for at least five years.
As I like the coat and its colour some much I have been looking for alternatives as mine is few seasons old and there are few that I like Zara Faux Suede Coat, Zara Trench Coat and my absolutely favourite, slightly unpractical but awesome AQ/AQ Coat.
The only new addition to the outfit is a pair of sunglasses I got for my birthday. You will definitely see them more often as I have to justify cost per wear !
We took the pictures during our stay in Lincoln on Sunday afternoon. The weather was so nice, just right for a walk.
I really hope You will enjoy the pictures as much as I have enjoyed that afternoon !
Thanks for stopping by !